Thursday, September 17, 2015

Ursa



Ursa Major did not lift a paw to save him from the powerful aliens. As life drained from him, he called out to Great Bear and asked, "Why have you forsaken me? I have done everything you had commanded. I have three sons as devout as I am and they too now have cubs of their own. You promised I would see my grandchildren till they had families of their own. Why, O Lord have you permitted this to befall me? What have I done to deserve this cruel fate?"

But he heard no answer, only the cackling of the aliens

As night fell Ursa Major rolled across the sky as It had for thousands of generations. It surveyed the land It had created but shed not a tear for the lifeless bear, uttered not a howl to mourn its passing. And so it shall be for all, and for all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment